Friday, November 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo Day 1

And so the first day has begun... 

I didn't get as much done as I wanted but I'm sitting at a cool 2364 words for the first day. I'm hoping to have a 5k+ word day this weekend when I have time to concentrate. I want to definitely bank enough words so that when I hit the lull that is the mid-way point, I don't get totally bogged down number wise.

My first week or so is usually pretty ridiculous in the word count area and then it slowly drops off over time as the days to by. Specifically, this time around, the week is going to be quite a challenge considering what else I've got going on in my life. But I look forward to the challenge. Along with writing for NaNoWriMo, I'm still pursuing my three pages of handwritten words in the morning, as well as a journal entry in the evening. Plus, I hope to be updating this blog every step of the way with word counts, tribulations, and successes. 

Good luck to anyone else who is participating in this crazy, wonderful, ridiculous month of November! And I hope that your story comes to life before your eyes as well as mine have the past few years. Here's to hoping for a non-dud!

No comments:

Post a Comment