Sunday, November 3, 2013

NaNoWriMo Day 2

Day 2 has come and gone. By the time this posts, we'll be into the first tender minutes of day 3. So far, I've managed to clock in a total of 4523 words. I am on schedule and working as planned with regards to daily word count. Though, I hope to be pulling away and adding some security padding for the days when the words just don't want to come out. It's always nice to get a head start on the first few days when the sensation of writing is full of wonder and joy. By week two, those feelings slowly deteriorate into a sense of panic. Week three usually is a flat out race and then week four feels like you're just barely keeping your head above water. 

At least, that's how the first year was for me. Year two was a little easier since I put a pretty decent amount of distance between 0 and 50,000 within the first few weeks. I ended above 50k by about 10k that year so I had a great deal of extra padding and no need to really worry. 

I'm hoping to be able to repeat that experience this year, or maybe even overreach that 60k mark. But only time will tell. You never know when your novel suddenly decides it no longer wants to work with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment