Tuesday, November 5, 2013

NaNoWriMo Day 5

Word count for the day is: 11,382.

So far, I've kept up with my goal of writing at least 2k words a day. I'm pretty proud of that considering everything else that I've got going on. As per my other goals, I've also kept up with my morning pages, though the term 'morning pages' is used loosely in this context. I very rarely write those morning pages first thing in the morning which, I suppose, defeats the purpose of writing them at all.

The whole point of morning pages is to get all that junk out of your mind first thing in the morning. For me, the last few entries have been in mid-afternoon to late-afternoon, sometimes as late as into the evening. In the grand scheme of things, however, writing is writing and I can't help but feel that this is a very good practice. I will be interested to see if I can keep it up and whether re-reading some of the entries will be able to bring up ideas or at least jog my memory, maybe get some of my negative self-talk out of my brain before it rots everything else away!

The other nice thing about my morning pages is I write it by hand. It's a relatively wonderful thing to see: words appearing on the page. There's something very calming and fantastic about ink on paper and the crinkle that the paper makes as more words appear. I have this strange obsession with the way paper curls when covered with enough ink. I think it's a beautiful thing and my morning pages are the one thing I can do by hand.

If I tried to write my NaNoWrimo by hand, I'm pretty sure I'd die. There's only so much by hand writing you can do before your arm just doesn't want to work anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment